Design & Development
>> consultation and information to create a presence on the web
>> assistance & advice when you are DIY (doing it yourself)
>> website design, development and implementation
>> website management and maintenance
I design/develop WordPress websites ranging from a few pages to large multi-page sites with custom styling and variety of special functions such as galleries, contact/intake forms, simple ecommerce, social media connection, membership management and other elements to fit a client’s needs. At all stages of development I will work with you to find the best solution for presenting your business online.
WordPress used to be known primarily as a blog system but has grown into a popular Content Management System (CMS). WordPress offers many features including:
- flexible design elements
- search engine optimization (SEO) functionality
- web standards compliance
- responsive design (your site can easily be viewed on many sized screens from phone to tablet to computer)
- easily updatable content
- many plug-ins for added functionality – galleries, contact forms, shopping carts, membership etc.
Getting your site online requires certain elements to be put in place: a domain name, a hosting provider and your website content (text, graphics, video, images, contact forms etc.)
Websites are hosted by a web host provider. The domain name that you purchase either via the hosting company or a domain name seller allows your site to be seen – it is the web address. The files that make up your website are uploaded to your domain hosting account.
I can recommend a few different hosting services and there are many to choose from, including those that specialize in WordPress.
Design pricing depends on many factors: needs, complexity of design, custom elements, amount of content, revisions etc. Rates shown here increase based on complexity of design, features, graphic artwork (logo, etc.), and various technical requirements and considerations. Together we work to present them as a unified website. For an estimate based on your needs please contact me.
Small & Basic – up to 5 pages
– free WordPress theme with basic header, sidebar, and footer; colours of your choice (may be limited by theme chosen)
– content, logo, photographs and other artwork provided by client
– starting at $650 depending on needs such as email set-up, design, forms, galleries, number of pages etc.
Advanced WordPress Design
– theme purchase, multi-paged
– custom header, galleries, slide shows, forms and other specialized content elements
– starting at $900 depending on needs and complexity
Gallery of Websites
click on the image for the full view
WordPress Website Maintenance and Management
! WordPress releases new updated versions on a regular basis – as do the plugins involved with your site’s structure and appearance. It is important to keep up with these upgrades for security reasons – sites running older versions of WordPress and/or out-dated plugins can be much more vulnerable to hacking.
This plan is optional – you can do it yourself (I can give you a check list) but make sure it gets done or your site will be at risk of breaking or leave itself open to hackers or malware. My service puts various security and back-up systems to work and regularly updates the site elements as required as well as backing up your site should something go “sideways”.
For your peace of mind: ( prepaid for 6 or 12 months).
6 months: $120
12months: $ 220 (one month free)
The service includes the following:
- install & configure security plugins to protect your site
- install & configure a backup utility plugin for running and scheduling regular backups
- regular backups your WordPress database and files
- verify all backups have run successfully
- install new WordPress releases when available
- install available updates to plugins and themes
- check site for any formatting or layout problems and verify plugins and themes are functioning properly
- run malware scan
- check for and resolve broken links
- remove spam comments/take out the trash
Consultation & Brainstorming: $45/hour – scheduled phone meeting with email follow-ups. There is no charge for a “First Contact” query via email.
Additions and changes to existing content on your site: time is tracked by the minute (minimum 10 minutes).
Prepay service credits for a reduced rate of $52/hour
Standard web development rate: $62/hour – $75/hour for emergency (have to do it now) elements.
For existing clients: click here for the Service Shop.